3 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
3 large eggs (well-beaten & at room temperature)
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1/2 cup Cup4Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Butter to coat the pan
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet generously with butter and arrange the blackberries in a single layer in the bottom of the pan; set aside.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and the sugar have dissolved. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just combined, do not over mix (some lumps are ok). Pour over the blackberries in the prepared pan. Bake until set, puffed, and light golden brown around the edges, about 30 – 35 minutes.
5. Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, it will deflate.
6. Dust with powdered sugar, slice into wedges and serve warm.