Yield: 12 muffins
For the Muffins:
1 ½ cups (210 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
1 teaspoon (4.5 g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (3.5 g) baking powder
½ teaspoon (1.5 g) kosher salt
1 ½ cups (340 g) mashed ripe banana (Approx. 3 bananas)
¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup (75 g) melted butter
For the Streusel Topping:
1 tablespoon (14 g) unsalted butter, cold
½ teaspoon (1 g) ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons (18 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
1/3 cup (70 g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Equally distribute the batter in the muffin pan.
- For streusel topping, mix together the 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle over the muffin batter evenly.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.