1/2 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of Cup4Cup flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cold
1 large egg
1/2 cup grated comte cheese (or gruyere)
1/2 cup bacon small diced, cooked & cooled
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: Cup4Cup flour, sugar, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder.
3. Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Mix in the chives, bacon, and cheese.
4. Add in the crème fraiche and egg and mix until it forms a dough ball.
5. Wrap and chill dough for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
6. Lightly flour a work surface using extra Cup4Cup flour, then using your hands pat the dough to flatten it to about 1 ½ inches thick.
7. Cut dough into 12 even pieces. Place pieces onto a lined baking sheets.
8. Bake in oven for about 20-30 min or until golden brown.