For the Crust:
1 bag of Cup4Cup Pizza Crust Mix
1 cup warm water
For Topping One Pizza Crust:
1 cup (250 mL) heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp (24 g) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
½ pint (3-4 oz) fresh blueberries
1 pint (8-10 oz) fresh strawberries, hulled
and sliced thinly
3 -4 tbsp honey, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Follow steps 1 through 4 on the back of pizza package to form the dough. However, instead of forming the crust into a round shape, form the crust into a rectangle approximately 16 inches in length and 12 inches in height, to resemble a flag-shape. Then, fold down 1 inch of the outer edge to form a crust, pinching well to form a seal. Transfer to a baking tray and spread olive oil evenly over the top and the bottom of the crust. Poke the dough all over using a fork. Season the dough with salt.
3. Bake the dough in the oven 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven.
4. While the crust is baking, in a large mixing bowl, whip the cream to medium peaks and then add the sugar and vanilla extract, incorporating fully. Set aside and refrigerate.
5. While the crust is still hot, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of honey evenly over the top. Let the crust cool to room temperature, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Once the crust has cooled, top the crust with an even layer of the whipped cream. Next, top with the blueberries in the upper left-hand corner to resemble the stars on the American flag. Next, evenly layer the sliced strawberries to create the stripes, leaving a space the same with as the strawberries between each layer to make the flag’s red and white stripes. Brush more honey over the top, if desired.
7. Slice into squares and enjoy!