Yield: 14 servings
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
10 Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and large diced)
1 lemon (juice and zest)
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
1 cup walnuts (toasted and chopped)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup oats
8 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
1 bag Cup4Cup Muffin Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place diced apples in a large bowl, add lemon juice and zest and toss to coat.
- Using large sauce pot melt butter, (first 4 tablespoon measurement) on medium-low heat, add sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add apples.
- Cook until soft and juices have reduced, approximately 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Should resemble a pie filling.
- In a large bowl combine Cup4Cup Muffin Mix, oats, and room temperature butter, using hands mix until starts to resemble streusel.
- In a large, 9×13, baking dish, add ½ of streusel, form an even layer, do not pack down.
- Add apple filling and spread evenly, top with remaining streusel.
- Transfer to 350°F oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes.